Monday, November 19, 2007

Yo Momma! No Wait... Mac Daddy!

macDaddyBroccoli_001

Yay Veganomicon
! I made the Mac Daddy last week. Yum, yum, yum! No, it doesn't taste like cheese and it doesn't really taste like Kraft Dinner, but it does taste freaking fantastic. If you're making this for just yourself, you might want to put on some elastic pants because it makes a lot. The recipe says that it freezes well, but for some reason I can't see myself suddenly having the urge to unfreeze pasta. Maybe I'm just weird. Well, yeah, I am weird, but that's other issues...

macDaddy_001

I ate my Mac Daddy plain first and then the next time I decided to add some steamed broccoli and Emeril's Essence. (I forking love that stuff sooo much.) I like to try things just as they are the first time I eat them and then start getting crazy later. I would have added more than just the broccoli, but I got busy and kept forgetting when I was at the market. No worries, that just means more variations to try next time. It might be a little while before I make this again, though. Not that it wasn't good, but I ate this for almost a week. Next time I'll make a half batch, that'll be a better portion size.

I did love the nooch sauce. The crumbled tofu was one of my favorite parts. It added a nice depth of flavor and texture. The thyme in the sauce was also a nice touch.

I am loving making all of the new recipes in Veganomicon. If you haven't picked up a copy yet, do yourself a favor and get one. You won't be sorry.

macDaddy_002

3 comments:

  1. Drooool. You can be my mac daddy any time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to make Mac Daddy sooooooooooooo bad I don't know why I havn't already because I have all the ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving V-con too! Try the Pumpkin Saag, it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete