Saturday, November 24, 2007

Birthday Food!

The night before my birthday, we out to Harambe for dinner. It's my favorite Ethiopian restaurant in Vancouver. The food is always excellent, not to mention reasonably priced, and every time I go, it just makes me want to go more often.

ethiopian_001

We had the vegetarian combination platter. Yum! I love eating the injera from the platter when it's gotten all good and soaked up with sauce and spices. I can't remember the names of the different things on the plate, I need to write it down next time. Suffice it to say that everyone is wonderful.

And I found out one of the most interesting things about Ethiopian food... The next night, the night of my birthday, I had a gathering and we all drank a bit more than we should have... One thing led to another and I came home to leftovers. I think Ethiopian leftovers have got to be the perfect food for coming home after a night of beer. Seriously, try it some time. :D

6 comments:

  1. I'm craving Ethiopian now! I've only had it a handful of times, and it's time to add one more to the list...

    and happy belated!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday!

    what is "injera"? i don't think i have ever heard that word before.. it looks like inject!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had Ethiopian food before, but it always looks so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The vegan fare looks so vibrant!

    Looks somewhat like an Indian thali!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!! I can't think of any better way of celebrating:

    a)friends
    b)ethiopian food
    c)beer
    d)ethiopian leftovers

    sigh...

    ReplyDelete