Tuesday, November 13, 2007

VWAV Potato Asparagus Soup

potatoAsparagusSoup_001

Some days it's harder than others to have the energy to make dinner. Especially when you get home from working a 12 hour day. I don't know how I manage it sometimes. This is where soup comes in and makes itself even more awesome than it normally is.

You get home from work and it's dark outside so early and you're tired and the kitties are yelling for their dinner and all you want to do is sit the hell down and relax. Feed the cats, realize you have no leftovers and sigh. But wait! You have a big pot. And this big pot really likes it when you fill it up with stuff. What stuff? It doesn't always matter. Lots of times when I make soup, I'm just randomly throwing in whatever veggies or grains are still in the refrigerator.

This particular day, I had some asparagus that I really needed to eat and some potatoes just hanging out on the counter. Yay! Potato Asparagus soup! This Vegan with a Vengeance recipe rocks because not only does it taste wonderful, it's super easy and fast. Enter my most excellent immersion blender and I don't even have to go through the step of pouring the soup in a blender or food processor to puree it.

In all fairness, I make this soup even when I'm not feeling tired or lazy, but it's a lifesaver for those very days when you barely have the energy to open the cabinet and peer inside.

3 comments:

  1. I have asparagus in my fridge right now, just waiting for preparation. It's being turned into soup soon. Thanks or the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The soup looks lovely; such a pretty photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asparagus is great. But my bathroom always seems to smell funny after I eat it.

    More detail on this strange phenomenon:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asparagus#Asparagus_and_urine

    ReplyDelete