Saturday, November 17, 2007

Fesenjun Tofu

pomegranate_001

I haven't posted this one yet because I had so many other things that I was excited about. This is the Fesenjun Tofu recipe from the recipe section over at the The PPK. This is one of those recipes that was just sorta okay. I didn't hate it, but I didn't really care for it, either. I think it just wasn't what I expected. I found it to be a bit too sweet. I think I'd also rather have the tofu cubed or sliced and marinated in a sauce rather than crumbled.

I think the best thing about this was that it got my brain going on ways to make a pomegranate marinade/glaze for tofu. Personally, I would prefer something that is more savory than sweet. I have some ideas and some leftover pomegranate extract, so I might try out some things before too long.

pomegranateTofu_001
Feenjun tofu over basmati rice with a side of kale.


1 comment: