Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Vancouver Food Trucks - Off the Wagon

The food truck journey continues today with Off the Wagon. This place was actually recommended to me by Cindy from Mom's Grilled Cheese. All I had to hear was vegan tacos and I was sold.


Yes, I loaded up on the habanero sauce. I love that it's yellow!
Off the Wagon is in a cute little school bus painted red right at the corner of Burrard and Dunsmuir. It's right by the Burrard Skytrain entrance, which is handy if you're coming from across town. And who wouldn't cross town for a yummy taco?! If you're at the winter farmers market at Nat Bailey Stadium, you can also find this food truck there with even more veggie options I'm told. The tacos are all $3. The special today was 3 tacos and a drink for $10. I think that saves you $.50 or something like that. The truck downtown only has 3 tacos every day, one of which is a yam and black bean taco. The third taco changes and is sometimes also a veggie taco. I was told that sometimes they'll use pumpkin! I would love to try a pumpkin taco. Yum!


I ordered 3 of the yam and black bean tacos for lunch today. These babies have yam, black beans, onions, guacamole, salsa and cilantro. If you're a cilantro hater, I'm sure you can ask for it without, they make them fresh as you order. There's a bottle of habanero hot sauce to add some heat if you want it, which I surely did. The tortillas were soft and didn't fall apart. The ingredients all seemed really fresh and quite flavorful.


These little tacos were quite good. I would definitely go back here again. The person that took my order was very friendly and immediately told me that the tacos were vegan when I asked about dairy. That make me happy and I'm much more comfortable about my food. I do typically go to the farmers market quite often and I'm excited to try some of the other tacos they'll have this winter.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, those look like some great tacos. I am so envious of all the food trucks you guys have over there, we don't have them here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this post. Except for the fact that Off the Wagon is no where near me!

    ReplyDelete