Thursday, December 23, 2010

Everyone's Favorite Edamame Dip

Okay, for reals.  This is everyone's favorite edamame dip.  I'll bet you didn't even know that you had a favorite dip.  Or maybe you didn't realize that your favorite is this one.  I think the only way you didn't know is if you haven't tried it.  I swear this stuff is like magic or something.  Every single time I make it, I get umpteen people asking for the recipe.  And umpteen is a lot of people!

I wish I could take the credit for this awesome recipe.  I was watching Good Eats one day and it was the one about soy.  Alton Brown made a bunch of neat stuff and did a few crazy antics and spouted off some interesting facts, as per usual.  Then.  He made this dip.  I was intrigued and thought I might like to try it.  Holy frijoles.  This stuff is awesome.  Even better - pretty much all you do is dump a bunch of stuff into the food processor to make it.  Seriously.  It can't really get any easier than this.

Just get some crackers or some fresh bresh or heck, even just some carrots and celery and dig in.  It's delicious and nutritious.  You really can't beat that.

So do yourself a favor and go make your new favorite dip.  Then share it with some friends so they can try their new favorite dip.  Oh, and be sure to have the recipe on hand.  People are going to ask for it.  Umpteen people!

IMG_4580_2

There are two variations to this recipe. You can either use lime juice and cilantro or lemon juice and flat leaf parsley. I'm sure you could use many other variations as well, but those are the basic two. I like them both, but prefer the lime/cilantro version, personally. I might also be a little heavy handed with the chile sauce. :)

Edamame Dip


12 ounces shelled, cooked, and cooled edamame, about 2 cups
1/4 cup diced onion (I usually use a small onion or half of a larger one)
1/2 cup tightly packed fresh cilantro or parsley leaves
1 large garlic clove, sliced (A little extra garlic never hurt anyone.  Add more if you're a garlic fan.)
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice
1 tablespoon miso, any type
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon red chili paste (I use Sambal Oelek)
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
5 tablespoons olive oil

Put everything except the oil in your food processor. Process for about 15 seconds or until things are smoothish. Add in the olive oil and process again for up to 30 seconds. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment